Local product use announcement ... the Prime Ministry
Prime Ministry Circular No. 2011/13 (Domestic Product Usage)
September 6, 2011 SALI
The Prime Minister:
Subject: Domestic Product Usage.
It is very important for our country to meet the needs of our country from the domestic products in terms of our economy, provided that the principles of saving and competition are being acted upon.
In this framework, in addition to paying attention to the implementation of existing provisions for the use of domestic products in our legislation, applications related to procurement of goods to be carried out by public institutions and organizations;
1. In the technical specifications, the regulations preventing the proposal of the products produced in Turkey are not made,
2. In contravention of public procurement legislation, no arrangements shall be made for tenderers to propose imported goods or goods of a particular country,
3. Non-mandatory documents issued by foreign certification bodies regarding products shall not be searched in tender documents,
4. In case the tenderers offering imported goods are allowed to deliver goods abroad, arrangements should be made in the tender documents regarding how the items such as delivery point, freight, customs and tax expenses will be considered in the evaluation of the tenders,
5. In case the tenderers offering imported goods are allowed to make prepayments by opening a letter of credit prior to the delivery of goods, arrangements should be made in the tender documents for tenderers offering products produced in Turkey,
I would like to request the preference of products produced in Turkey primarily in purchases within the scope of the Public Procurement Law numbered 4734 and purchases to be made from the State Material Office and to show that the managers of public institutions and organizations should show the necessary sensitivity in this regard.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Links related to Circular: